from Duck for President
by Doreen Cronin
I have been known to sometimes procrastinate, rationalize and be skeptical about stuff. But voting is important and I do it.
Some people don’t vote. They give many reasons.
- Maybe they are out of town (and didn’t plan ahead taking advantage of Early or Absentee Voting)
- Maybe they were too busy (doing what?)
- Maybe they didn’t like the candidates or issues (but isn’t this the opportunity to let people know what they DO like?)
- Maybe they just weren’t interested (in their community? their children’s/grandchildren’s education? their life?)
- Some people even said they forgot (really? with billions of campaign dollars reminding them?)
(but it’s all me in the parentheses!)
And according to the U.S. Census report even though over half of 18+ year old citizens are registered to vote (60some %) just a little over half of THEM actually pull the lever, color in the oval, or cast their ballot some other way.
Today is the first Monday after the first Tuesday in November. What are you doing today?
Thanks for listening to my rant! Next week I’ll be back to normal, whatever THAT is!